Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

It's time for Mariner's Compass

DSC09645copy

I have to admit that I was a bit scared to make a Mariner's Compass block at first because of its tiny forks & round shape, and the steps of creating the templates are quite confusing to me. After re-reading over my notes a couple times, I started to draw a quarter circle on plastic sheet.

My notes

I paid special attention to each point and curve while cutting the templates and finally got them all.

Mariner's Compass templates

Sorry, I didn't have a chance to take some photos while making it, so there are only finished block pictures. I found that some points are not sharp although I did my best pressing each seam. Any idea to fix this? 

DSC09648copy

3 comments:

  1. You did a fabulous job. The fine points will always be tricky, and I think yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! The fabrics are beautiful, and your points look pretty good from here! Did you press your seams open, or to one side? If I were you, I would test both and see which way works best.

    ReplyDelete